2018 was a great year for live music. This year we hit a couple festivals in Chicago and around the country. I would estimate I saw 150 sets of music and I skipped all of January being busy with other things. Seeing bands or solo artists perform is always a good way to spend a couple of hours, but the ten below were really special.
Some of these videos are ones I took with my phone. Others I found on YouTube. I couldn’t find any good ones of the #9 show, surprisingly, so I added a video from their sold out show in Seoul, South Korea.
10. Odetta Hartman at Schubas9. Sons Of An Illustrious Father at Schubas
8. Ryan Adams and First Aid Kit at Red Rocks
7. Mad Clown and San E at Park West
6. Beck & Jenny Lewis at Red Rocks
5. Rivers Cuomo at Beat Kitchen
4. Lauryn Hill at Pitchfork
3. The Magic Numbers at Mercury Lounge2. Janelle Monae at Chicago Theatre
- Childish Gambino at United Center