- This event has passed.
Marissa Nadler at Schubas
December 3 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm$13 – $15
The eighth album from Marissa Nadler, For My Crimes, is the sound of turmoil giving way to truth. Bolstering the intimacy of these songs is the strong feminine energy that defined their recording. Between co-producers Lawrence Rothman’s fluidity with both gender and genre (as heard on his 2017 album The Book of Law), and Justin Raisen’s track record of successful collaborations with strong women (Angel Olsen, Kim Gordon, Charli XCX), Nadler felt empowered to explore without judgement in the studio. With the exception of saxophonist Dana Colley (Morphine), every player on the album is a woman of notable pedigree and distinct style; Angel Olsen, Kristin Kontrol (Dum Dum Girls), and Sharon Van Etten all lend vocals, Mary Lattimore joins on harp, Patty Schemel (Hole) plays drums, experimental multi-instrumentalist Janel Leppin adds gorgeous string arrangements, and Eva Gardner plays additional bass.
These women and others helped make For My Crimes as dynamic as it is intimate, but Nadler’s mesmerizing voice—stripped of nearly all reverb—is what sits at the center of these songs. You can hear the emotional range of her performances more than ever before, and as a singer, she has never sounded more confident. For My Crimes, Nadler’s most evocative entry in an already impressive discography, is set for release September 28, 2018 on Bella Union and Sacred Bones.
TERMS OF PURCHASE
Advance tickets guarantee entry to the show.
- They are general admission only and DO NOT guarantee seating.
- For the best seats/position in the music room please arrive 30 minutes prior to show time to pick-up your tickets.
- All shows are 21+ unless otherwise noted.
- Customer information is never shared with any third party companies or outside promoters.
- Tickets ARE NOT mailed to you.
- A NON-REFUNDABLE service charge will be added to the purchase price of each ticket – in the instance of a show cancellation, this fee will not be returned.
- All tickets purchased through the web site are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- All tickets are NON-TRANSFERRABLE.
- The name in the ‘Ticket Pickup’ portion of your order will be the name your tickets are held under at the door- if you are buying tickets for someone else, you must indicate their name in these fields.
- Advance tickets are only available through lh-st.com (until 5 pm day of show) and Jam, Silver Wrapper, and 1833 when noted. Lincoln Hall and Schubas do not have a physical box office. Walk-up ticket purchases are only available at Lincoln Hall beginning one hour before listed show time and at Schubas thirty minutes before listed show time unless the show is sold out.
- Please add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your address book to ensure you’ll receive your confirmation email.